A Censorship-Free Version of Bitcointalk? Developer Launches Bitcoincashtalk.org

A Censorship-Free Version of Bitcointalk? Developer Launches Bitcoincashtalk.orgOver the past few years, there’s been a big problem with cryptocurrency related forums and censorship. This week an independent and uncensored version of Bitcointalk has launched called Bitcoincashtalk.org. Also read: Critical Bug Found in Bitcoin Core Invokes the Multiple Client Argument Bitcoincashtalk.org: Another Uncensored Forum for Bitcoin Proponents to Freely Discuss and Debate This Innovative […]

The post A Censorship-Free Version of Bitcointalk? Developer Launches Bitcoincashtalk.org appeared first on Bitcoin News.

Go to Source

Powered by WPeMatico

Censorship of Cryptocurrency Discussions on Reddit Gets Kafkaesque

Censorship of Cryptocurrency Discussions on Reddit Gets KafkaesqueThe continued censorship of cryptocurrency discussions on some of the larger sub-forums of Reddit has gotten to new levels recently. People are not only getting banned for any comment that might challenge the moderators’ enforced opinions in one forum, but complaints are also silenced in competing forums as well. Also Read: Company Asks Israeli Authorities […]

The post Censorship of Cryptocurrency Discussions on Reddit Gets Kafkaesque appeared first on Bitcoin News.

Go to Source

Powered by WPeMatico

Remembering Satoshi’s Vision — As it Was Written

Remembering Satoshi's Vision — As it Was WrittenOn October 31, 2008, Satoshi Nakamoto had a vision to share with the world — a protocol he called “bitcoin, a new electronic cash system that’s fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party.” Since that time a whole lot has changed, and there is a vast cryptocurrency landscape with over 1,500 virtual currencies listed on data […]

The post Remembering Satoshi’s Vision — As it Was Written appeared first on Bitcoin News.

Go to Source

Powered by WPeMatico

Bitcoin in Brief Saturday: Hide Your Seed

Bitcoin in Brief Saturday: Hide Your SeedToday’s Bitcoin in Brief is all about you. Specifically, it’s about how you should be hiding your wallet seed and locking down your op-sec to prevent any fools from jacking your crypto. We’ve got all that, plus a cornucopia of other juicy morsels in your daily roundup of the last 24 hours in bitcoin. Also […]

The post Bitcoin in Brief Saturday: Hide Your Seed appeared first on Bitcoin News.

Go to Source

Powered by WPeMatico

14-Year-Old Developer Builds Uncensorable Voting Platform

14-Year-Old Developer Builds Uncensorable Voting PlatformThis week news.Bitcoin.com spoke with Alex Pasfield a fourteen-year-old developer who created a new tool called ‘Bitcoin Voice,’ a platform that enables uncensorable voting for subjects within the bitcoin cash community. Also Read: Bitcoin Cash Tip Bots Are Making Rounds Across Social Media Bitcoin Voice: A Verifiable Voting Record of Blockchain Users Weighted by Their Transaction […]

The post 14-Year-Old Developer Builds Uncensorable Voting Platform appeared first on Bitcoin News.

Go to Source

Powered by WPeMatico

“I don’t want this” says Mt Gox CEO Mark Karpeles in Surprise ‘Ask-Me-Anything’

Mt Gox CEO Mark Karpeles Does a Surprise 'Ask-Me-Anything' Forum PostOn April 4, 2018, the notorious former CEO of the now defunct bitcoin exchange Mt Gox started an Ask-Me-Anything (AMA) post on the Reddit forum /r/bitcoin. Mark Karpeles (AKA Magical Tux) explained that he’s willing to answer questions concerning the controversial bankruptcy process that’s taking place in Japan within the Tokyo court system. Karpeles writes […]

The post “I don’t want this” says Mt Gox CEO Mark Karpeles in Surprise ‘Ask-Me-Anything’ appeared first on Bitcoin News.

Go to Source

Powered by WPeMatico

Plagiary Is The Worst Cryptocurrency Scam of All

Plagiary Is The Worst Cryptocurrency Scam of AllThere’s a 99% chance that you’re reading these words on news.Bitcoin.com. And there’s a 1% chance that you’re reading them on some other cryptocurrency site. It might have a similar name to this one, or it might be called something entirely different. But whatever its name, it wasn’t responsible for producing this content – it […]

The post Plagiary Is The Worst Cryptocurrency Scam of All appeared first on Bitcoin News.

Go to Source

Powered by WPeMatico

This 16-Year Old Crypto-App Developer Fights Back Against Reddit Hate

This 16-Year Old Crypto-App Developer Fights Back Against Reddit HateLast month a 16-year old girl from India created a digital currency price ticker that tracks the price of cryptocurrencies like bitcoin cash, ethereum, and many others. However, when Harshita Arora introduced the iOS application to members of the bitcoin community who patronize the Reddit forum /r/bitcoin, she was accused of plagiarizing the app. Unfortunately, […]

The post This 16-Year Old Crypto-App Developer Fights Back Against Reddit Hate appeared first on Bitcoin News.

Go to Source

Powered by WPeMatico

Coinbase Is Adding Segwit Support

Coinbase Is Adding Segwit SupportAfter months of prevarication, Coinbase has announced that it will add Segwit support to its bitcoin wallets. The much anticipated and long overdue move will go some way towards reducing transaction fees for users of Coinbase and GDAX, assuming it follows suit. Coinbase has come in for repeated criticism over the inefficient way it handles […]

The post Coinbase Is Adding Segwit Support appeared first on Bitcoin News.

Go to Source

Powered by WPeMatico